I took a look at the most popular New Year’s resolutions for 2015 and chose the top 5 you should cross off your list. Here's a peek.
5. Get Organized – If you’re not organized to begin with, you probably don’t know how to GET organized... and if you’re lucky enough for someone to help you get organized, it doesn’t really matter, because you’re the one who has to KEEP everything organized. Not an easy task for a lot of people. That said, clean up your act!
4. Spend More Time with Family – We tend to make time for things we want to do. If you don’t see your family much now, do you really want to? Let’s face it – Uncle George is a bit weird, Grandma Bertha tends to get on your nerves after about 3 minutes and little Sally Sue ALWAYS breaks your latest gadget. If you want to see your family, call them and make a plan… TODAY! Don’t wait until next January to realize you haven’t seen much of them.
3. Fall in Love – If you say “I’m going to fall in love this year”, chances are you will not. OR you will make yourself BELIEVE that you’ve fallen in love just so you can feel like you accomplished one of your goals and end up with the wrong person. And that leads to the big D – DIVORCE! The best way to fall in love is to just give up, throw in the towel, legitimately acknowledge that it’s just not going to happen… and then all of a sudden, poof! He or she shows up when you least expect it. On this one, I’m speaking from experience. That’s what happened to me. So, STOP TRYING SO HARD. Just be happy, focus on other things and you just may be surprised about what happens.
2. Spend Less, Save More – As soon as you say you’re going to spend less and save more, you probably go out and buy some ridiculously expensive end tables, plan a trip to the Congo and test-drive your future new car. Just be smart about money all the time, live within your means and don’t max out your credit cards. There are so many things you can do inexpensively and so many bargains to be found. Splurge on things that are truly worth it and care about the price on other things.
1. Workout, Lose Weight, Get in Shape, Eat Healthier – Forget it! Why do you wait until January to make this resolution? You should do it as soon as you realize your pants are getting snug. Gyms wait for this time of year to get all those new members to sign up and make a long-term commitment, so they can make tons of money. They KNOW you’re going to quit before February starts IF you ever start at all. Eat what you want, enjoy it and live an active lifestyle. Take a walk along the beach or hike in the hills – it doesn’t really feel like exercise, but it is! Live an enjoyable life and you just may find that you slim down and feel great!
Now, I'm sure many of you won't agree with my list... and that's o.k. GO OUT THERE AND PROVE ME WRONG!!! Oh, and Happy New Year!